Hey, I'm here with another Yu-Gi-Oh update. No TCG Forbidden and Limited list yet, but a new one for the OCG has just been announced.
I'll give you a run-down of what has changed, why some cards have gotten hit or released, the difference between OCG and TCG, and thus also the possible impact on the soon-to-come TCG Forbidden and limited list.
V takes a look at the October 1st Yu-Gi-Oh OCG Forbidden & Limited List
The Changes in OCG
Date: From 01 October 2017 onward
Newly Forbidden in the OCG
- Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King (from limited)
- Dragonic Diagram (from Limited)
- Tribe-Infecting Virus (from forbidden!)
- Aleister the Invoker (from unlimited)
- Dinomight Knight, the True Dracofighter (from unlimited)
- Souleating Oviraptor (from unlimited)
- Babycerasaurus (from unlimited)
- ABC-Dragon Buster (from unlimited)
- Denglong, First of the Yang Zing (from unlimited)
- Terraforming (from semi-limited)
- Spellbook of Secrets (from unlimited)
- True Draco Heritage (from unlimited)
- True King’s Return (from unlimited)
- Trickstar Reincarnation (from unlimited)
- Summoner Monk (from limited)
- Windwitch – Ice Bell(from unlimited)
- Maxx “C” (from unlimited)
- Pot of Avarice (from limited)
- Future Fusion (from limited)
- Fossil Dig (from unlimited)
- Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer (from semi-limited)
- Witch of the Black Forest (from semi-limited)
- Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss (from semi-limited)
- Rescue Cat (from semi-limited)
- Burial from a Different Dimension (from semi-limited)
- Fire Formation – Tenki (from semi-limited)
- Preparation of Rites (from semi-limited)
- Saqlifice (from semi-limited)
- Domain of the True Monarchs (from semi-limited)
- Wavering Eyes (from semi-limited)
- Dragon Ravine (from semi-limited)
This list truly feels like an "out with the old, in with the new" kind of list. Almost every Top tier deck gets hit!
True Draco doesn't just get hit, it gets BUTCHERED. Master Peace and Diagram were already limited, but now they're forbidden + an additional hit on Heritage, Return and Dinomight Knight. Ouch.
Also, Dino's get a massive hit with Babycerasaurus, Fossil Dig and Oviraptor (double ouch).
Then also a hit on Aleister (Invoked is now dead, I assume?), ABC-Dragon (necessary), Yang Zing, Spellbooks (booh!) and even Trickstars (wow, that's fast!).
And err... the return of Tribe-Infecting Virus? Not sure what to think of it. No card text update has been announced (yet).
So what decks will survive? SPYRAL (no, really! Did you see the latest OCG weekly list?)! Plus the recently updated classic decks like HERO, Six Samurai and Red-Eyes. We may even see a return of previous hard-hitters like Blue-Eyes and Shiranui. And maybe we'll even see a rise of decks that have flown under the radar like Chaossworn and World Chalice!
It'll be interesting to see how the OCG evolves this coming October.
Possible influence on the TCG F&L list
We've been waiting on the new TCG banlist for a few weeks now. Each weekend us players are looking at each other and expect it to drop anytime. But until the moment of this post, we got nothing.
But looking at this list and the previous list for the OCG, it becomes a little easier to see what is going to get hit in the TCG
- While I expect no butchering of True Draco like in the OCG, it WILL get hit. Master Peace & Diagram will become either limited or forbidden. And I don't know what other cards will take a hit.
- RIP Zoodiacs. You cannot deny it. The OCG has Broadbull, Drident and Barrage FORBIDDEN and Ratpier limited. TCG will follow this example, no doubt about it.
- ABC will see their Dragon (limited) and Union Hangar (semi-limited) take a hit.
- Frogzoic? Yeah, say goodbye to Toadally Awesome (limited in OCG).
- Yang Zing? Not sure it if Denglong wil take the same hit over here. Maybe in a future list.
- Invoked? Doubt it. Kinda flew under the radar here, so I doubt Aleister will become limited like in the OCG. We'll see.
- Dino's? Nah, too soon. Maybe the semi-limit on Fossil Dig will happen, like how Ratpier got semi'd last list.
- Other one-of's? Gofu may become Limited, just like Kaiju Slumber. Terraforming WILL take a hit (became a little TOO good as of late). Card of Demise may become Semi or Fully limited. And probably we'll see a limit to Fairy Tail - Snow as well, just like Psy-Framelord Omega (cards are too good).
And next to those hits, we may also see the return of a few cards, like Chaos Emperor Dragon, Chicken Game (with Terraforming getting hit), Book of Moon, E-HERO Stratos (#FreeStratos), Brionac, Witch of the Black Forest, Rescue Cat, Rescue Rabbit (#FreeRabbit) and maybe even Cyber-Stein. But that's just wild speculations based on the current OCG list.
Will the TCG list hit more cards than its OCG counterpart? Yeah, probably. The TCG F&L list is famous for being more strict than its OCG counterpart. So who knows?
That's it from me now. I'm going to refresh the TCG Forbidden and Limited list page a few more times, just to be sure...
Until next [F5] time, V out [F5].