After The 2.5 tin, Cosmo Blazer and The FIRE Structure deck, the first new release (that still hasn't been officially announced btw) is the Star Pack.
The pack will be low-budget (1$ per pack or so), will contain 2 common cards and 1 starfoil card, from a 50-card cardpool.
38/50 cards will be from the first 20 episodes of Zexal, while the others are from the older generations. The pack also includes 7 reprints of Jump / Manga promo's.
Not many people are looking forward to it, because of a few reasons:
- The Zexal Tin comes out a week later and has new cards, this consists of reprints only (at this point at least, you never know with lolkonami).
- Safe the few interesting Jump/Manga Promo reprints for legal issues, the announced cards are... not that great (to say it in a nice way).
- And honestly, 38/50 cards reprinted from the 20 first episodes of the anime? Eeeew...
But let's not be all negative. In an attempt to get the best possible out of this pack, I started analyzing what actually could be in the pack that would make people want to buy this.
Step 1: ALL anime cards are bad... or not all of them?
I started analyzing the cards from the announced 20 first episodes. And while most cards used in the show plain suck, there are a few exceptions which could make for a nicer pack. These are the following:
- Wonder Wand
- Black Ray Lancer
- Blade Armor Ninja
- Number 12: Crimson Shadow Armor Ninja
- Number 11: Big Eye
- Number 16: Shock Master (though unlikely, due to the tin reprint last year)
- Number 96: Dark Mist
- Number C39: Utopia Ray
- And let's not forget the much reprinted Leviathan Dragon and Utopia, Lord of Reprints.
So if the above mentioned cards would be in the star pack, this might get a little more interesting. A reprint of Big Eye would be much welcomed by many players, since the card is spiking above 40$ right now.
Step 2: Jump & Manga promo cards
There are 12 other cards, right? Including 7 legality reprints. So, let's guess which ones:
- Elemental HERO Escuridao (already confirmed)
- Meklord Emperor Wisel (already confirmed)
- Arkana Force EX - The Light Ruler (already confirmed)
- Barbaroid, the Ultimate Battle machine
- Kachi Kochi Dragon
- Seven Swords Warrior
- Dark Magician (the Jump version)
- Shooting Quasar Dragon
- The Supremacy Sun
- Slifer the Sky Dragon
- Superdreadnaught Rail Cannon Gustav Max
Gustav Max seems a bit too soon and I honestly don't want Quasar to be a common/Starfoil card in this pack, the card is too "boss" for that.
The last 5 cards?
Outside of the 7 Jump/manga promo reprints, there are 5 other cards from the "previous" generations. I don't really have an idea for those cards, but it might be one of the following:
- Reprints of cards that weren't in any of the Legendary Collections, like E-Hero Nova Master, a HERO lives or the Masked HERO's.
- Reprint of 5D's cards that require a first reprint, like Metaion the Timelord or Mystic Piper.
There's actually plenty of room to make this set interesting, if Konami would put the right cards in here. I'm sure many people would be interested in a reprint of Big Eye or Blade Armor Ninja, E-Hero Escuridao or Nova Master, or even Mystic Piper or Merklord Emperor Wisel. Let's just wait until Konami announces what they'll actually put in the darn pack.
Until next time, V out.